Patient-Centered Medical Home
American Academy of Family Physicians Resources
AAFP's Family Practice Management (FPM) information offers a reference point for PCMH.
Topic Collections - An editor's choice collection of the best available content from the Family Practice Management journal. These collections are arranged alphabetically and by category, and will be updated frequently to ensure they remain useful.
FPM Toolbox: Includes downloadable forms, checklists, and templates. Organized by category, including a list of the most popular, there are over 150 free tools available. Topics include:
- Agency for Health Research + Quality (AHRQ)
- For patients, consumers, professionals and policymakers, AHRQ is an excellent resource for evidence-based medicine and health research. AHRQ has a toolkit to help physicians' offices, clinics and ambulatory care facilities improve their testing processes.
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- AAP's National Center for Medical Home Implementation has resources for health professionals, families, and anyone interested in creating a medical home.
- American College of Physicians (ACP)
- ACP's PCMH center includes tools and resources for physicians engaging in PCMH Transformation.
- Improving Chronic Illness Care (ICIC)
- ICIC's robust PCMH resource center is dedicated to improving care through implementation of the Chronic Care Model. Tools include change concept workbooks, curriculum and training materials, PCMH literature and more.
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI)
- IHI's Knowledge Center offers tools, change ideas and measures to guide members to the PCMH. White papers, audio, video, improvement stories and other resources are available for practice facilitation.
- Patient Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC)
- PCPCC is dedicated to advancing an effective and efficient health system built on primary care and the medical home. PCPCC's resource center has tools available to all medical home stakeholders and supporters. This new PCPCC Medical Home resource tracks state government activity and legislation that specifically supports PCMH and other innovative primary care delivery models. It includes a comprehensive set of resources ranging from research and articles to conferences and webinars.
- To Meet the Triple Aim: PCMH Payment Incentives Matter